Our retrofit expertise, spanning policy through to practical delivery, means that we are well positioned to offer consultancy services that can support you throughout your retrofit programme. Examples include:
Define Flexible Eligibility for the Energy Company Obligation
Parity Projects can help local authorities and their providers define and deliver on their Statement of Intent for the Flexible Eligibility component of the Energy Company Obligation (ECO). As our CROHM stock assessment tool provides address-level data, Local Authorities are able to identify hard-to-heat homes, and which measures will deliver the most cost-effective improvements.
We work with you to identify a suitable sub-set of your local housing stock that meets broad ECO criteria. Our CROHM tool identifies the applicable measures, likely cost, bill savings, lifetime carbon savings and allows you to refine your targeting as a result. Existing planned works can also be taken into account. The resultant list of ‘cold homes’ can be matched, in line with data protection requirements, with local authority data on potentially vulnerable households to get relevant help to those most in need, and maximise the use of available funds to the benefit of local residents and to energy bill-payers.
Carbon Reduction in Schools (CRIS)
- Starts with a detailed on-site assessment of all school buildings using our award winning Masterplan software
- This assessment takes into account actual use of heating systems, hot water, appliances and lighting, and our model can be calibrated against fuel bill data to ensure accuracy
- A detailed analysis of all feasible retrofit measures, including low carbon and renewable systems is then carried out as a desk-based exercise
- Final report provides tiered packages of recommended retrofit measures which can be based on annual budgets and/or short, medium and long term plans
Our CROHM tool assesses your pre-identified energy voids on a property by property level to determine the most cost effective route to achieving a minimum energy performance standard, either all at once or as a phased process. Filters can be applied to our recommendations depending on what type of measures you are currently set up to deliver.
Feasibility Studies and Due Diligence Projects
- Modelling of potential energy efficiency improvements for planned larger scale renovations or extensions, i.e. community centres, sheltered housing, etc
- Final report provides tiered packages of recommended retrofit measures which can be based on annual budgets and/or short, medium and long term plans of organisation
- Modelling and verification of calculated savings on project proposals for Energy Service Companies or building owners
- Sensitivity analyses of assumptions made in savings calculations, i.e. fuel cost increases, maintenance costs, etc
Monitoring and Evaluation of Retrofit Projects
A key element of any retrofit programme is understanding whether, how and why it has delivered the expected energy and carbon savings. Our previous work delivering building energy monitoring systems means we are well placed to help you design and deliver monitoring and evaluation programmes. This includes techical advice on the installation of equipment which can remotely measure variables such as energy use, the output of renewable energy measures, and internal/external temperature. We can also evaluate the data generated to help inform future activities.